Renovating and/or buying in the Green Hills area (part 2)
Renovating and/or buying in the Green Hills area can be a difficult task. Should one look at the older 1950′s home with the charm and old-time build quality or new more efficient and streamline look.
Because Green Hills and the surrounding area is predominantly 40-80 years or older, remodeling will be required at some point. As discussed in the previous blog, use the equation to figure out your budget then apply the below suggestions to offset some expensive costs.
- Minimize changes to the existing footprint – Not removing a wall will save the remodel budget $2000-$5000.
- Avoid stripping open walls and ceilings – Saving $2000-$5000
- Paint yourself – Could save up to $1000 per room
- Consider your own demolition – Could $2000-$5000( minus the cost of a case of beer for your buddies.)
- Putting bathroom and kitchen fixtures in the same location – Could save $2000-$3000
- Squared-off edged profile for stone counter-tops – Could save $500-$1000
Check out www.diynetwork.com for more money-saving tips. Renovating and/or buying in the Green Hills area is always a good investment if it’s less than $200 per square foot.